When I decide to do something I tend to research a lot. The case of gluten free eating is no different. I was blessed to find a plethora out there. I know that a few years ago there was not as much press about the matter. It seems, however, that there is a plethora of blogs and websites that are now dedicated to the issue. Here are some of my favorite:
– Elana’s Pantry-Elana Amsterdam is one of the guru’s in grain free living! She has authored several cookbooks that have made the NYTimes Best seller list. She has been grain free for almost 10 years and is a health nut that I love to read!
– All Day I Dream About Food– The author Carolyn is a diabetic foodie who has discovered the healing benefits of gluten free eating. She has fantastic family friendly recipes that I am always more than excited to try.
– The Healthy Apple– Amie learned the benefits of clean gluten free eating after years of medical issues. She has found relief from the symptoms that plagued her and has developed a healthy lifestyle consulting services. She is based out of NY and travels all over. I love to read about her latest recipes and travels.
– Gluten Free Fix– Michelle is a legit trained chef and a mommy. She was diagnosed with Crohn’s and decided to see if going gluten free would free her of the terrible symptoms of both the disease and the side effects of the meds. She has lovely recipes and I adore that she bases many of them off of some of her old favorites.
–Taste Guru– This was a company that I discovered via groupon. I just received my first box and I love it! It is a monthly subscription that you order and pay in advance. Each month you will get a box in the mail featuring about 6 or 7 products that are totally gluten free. The idea behind the box is that you can try different products without having to commit to paying full price for them. I originally bought a three month subscription through groupon but am thinking I will extend it. I was quite happy with the products!
–Gluten Free Saver– This website reminds me a bit of groupon. Each week different deals are featured. These deals usually involve a variety of flavors and are offered at a discounted price. This could help keep your grocery tab down if you find products you like. This could be helpful when trying to determine what you like and what you don’t like.
–Wheat Belly by Dr. William Davis: Doctor Davis is a cardiologist who has studied the affects of wheat free eating. This book discusses all the biological systems that are changed by eating modern day wheat. I never understood until reading this book how wheat went from being good for humans to bad. I now understand all the modifications that have been made and recognize that our wheat is a GMO. This author has also come out with several cookbooks that are excellent.
– 500 Best Quinoa Recipes by Camilla V. Salsbury: Some people are against grain completely. I am not yet one of those people. I may get there… but not yet. This is why I LOVE this cookbook. Thank you Meem for this awesome Christmas gift. I have the tendency to mark all my cookbook with the neat little post it tabs. This one… it is marked full!
–The Intolerant Gourmet: Glorious Food Without Gluten and Lactose by Barbara Kafka: Many people who are gluten free also have issues with dairy. This book provides options for people with both. Awesome Goodwill find!
I was not paid nor am I receiving any type of reimbursement for featuring these products on my blog.